Turn my surrendered need into Your unlimited opportunity.
- Note to self: In order for Him to turn my need into an opportunity - I must first SURRENDER it. Learn to "let go" without the claw marks.
Keep me from making the mistakes I’m more prone to when temptation comes. I confess that what I think is necessary, smart or personally beneficial is so often only the beautiful wrapping of sin. Keep me far away from evil. Keep me safe from the pain and grief that sin brings. For the dangers I can’t see are the ones that I think I can risk because of my experience. Forgive me of my pride and carelessness! Humble me and make me aware of my sin and help me to promptly confess it. Put up a supernatural barrier! Protect me, Father, by Your power! Keep me safe from temptations that pull at my emotions and my physical needs that call out to my sense of what I deserve, what I have “the right” to feel and enjoy.
If you are struggling with feelings and/or desires that you know deep in your heart that are not God's best, I strongly urge you to read that portion outloud - even if you do not "feel" it or even "want" it. Say it outloud - cry it out to God ... Trust in Him and Walk in Faith and the feelings will come back into line with His will. By His grace, He has been answering these prayers in my own life and I pray that he will in your life, too.
Here is the entire prayer.
08/29/07
Dear God,
Give me a HUGE vision for my life. I pray for Your powerful will for my future – I plead with You to answer my request. I know that You long to give me so much more than I ever thought to ask for. I am reaching for a life that will be more honorable for You … nothing but Your fullest blessing will do! I long to hear You say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
In confidence, I believe that You will bring it to pass. Let the loving currents of Your grace and power carry me along. Your great plan for me is surrounding me and sweeping me forward into the important & satisfying life You have waiting for me!
I cry out for the wonderful unlimited goodness that only You have the power to know about or give me. I refuse to let any obstacle, person or opinion loom larger that God’s nature. And Your nature is to bless me! Your nature is to bless me, my family, my friends and my TEAM! Enlarge my life so that I can make a greater impact for You. My family, my friends, my job, my business, my circle of influence, my ministry and my TEAM – all are treasured gifts that YOU have entrusted to me.
My God and King, please expand my opportunities and my impact I such a way that I touch more lives for Your glory. Let me do more for You! I want to be Your servant.
URGENTLY accomplish great things THROUGH me!
Even now, enlarge my borders – Send somebody who needs me – who needs You!
Time and time again I will attempt things large enough that failure is guaranteed … unless YOU step in!
Oh, that Your hand would be with me! Release Your power to accomplish Your will and bring YOU glory through all the seeming impossibilities. Continue the great things You have begun in my life.
I depend on the strong hand of my God. Turn my surrendered need into Your unlimited opportunity. Please do this IN me because I cannot do it alone! I am shouting, “God did THIS – nobody else! God is carrying me, giving me the words and giving me the power – and it is wonderful!”
My only power and success come from You, Father God.
Lord, by Your Spirit, pull off something great for Your glory. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to move in my church, my family, my friends and in my TEAM – bring repentance and revival.
Keep me from evil! Keep me away from temptation! I plead for Your safekeeping.
Keep me from making the mistakes I’m more prone to when temptation comes. I confess that what I think is necessary, smart or personally beneficial is so often only the beautiful wrapping of sin. Keep me far away from evil. Keep me safe from the pain and grief that sin brings. For the dangers I can’t see are the ones that I think I can risk because of my experience. Forgive me of my pride and carelessness! Humble me and make me aware of my sin and help me to promptly confess it. Put up a supernatural barrier! Protect me, Father, by Your power! Keep me safe from temptations that pull at my emotions and my physical needs that call out to my sense of what I deserve, what I have “the right” to feel and enjoy. YOU are the true source of all that is really life, directing my steps away from all that is not of You. I am living FREE from the bondage of evil!
I earnestly want what You want! Daily – arrange an appointment for ministry. Do not let sin break the flow of Your power – help me to remember this!
I Chronicles 4:10 – The Prayer of Jabez
He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!”
No comments:
Post a Comment