In English, the word “potpourri” often used to refer to any collection of miscellaneous or diverse items.
* COLASSIANS 3:10-11
“Put on your new nature and be renewed as you learn to know you Creator & become like Him … CHRIST is all that matters …”
* God has a way of bringing special people into our lives at just the right time. Last night, I was sitting in my car in the parking lot of the church before Celebrate Recovery. I was writing in my journal:
“Fearful of CR tonight … a million reasons not to go …”
And my friend Deb walked up to my car with a little bud vase of the most beautiful pink tea roses and handed them to me. She said that God told her to give them to someone who needed them and that she thought “Suzanne needs these.” I find it hard to find the words to describe how this seemingly little gesture of friendship and kindness made me feel. I am in awe of the ways that God shows us His love and how He blesses us with such wonderful friends!
Lesson learned: never underestimate the power of encouragement. When God prompts you to say or do something that seems small or insignificant – remember that it might be exactly what the other person NEEDS at just the right time!
* PSALM 25
1 O Lord, I give my life to you.
2 I trust in you, my God!
4 Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.
5 Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
6 Remember, O Lord, your compassion and unfailing love, which you have shown from long ages past.
7 Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord.
16 Turn to me and have mercy, for I am alone and in deep distress.
17 My problems go from bad to worse. Oh, save me from them all!
18 Feel my pain and see my trouble. Forgive all my sins.
19 See how many enemies I have and how viciously they hate me!
20 Protect me! Rescue my life from them! Do not let me be disgraced, for in you I take refuge.
21 May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment