I love to express my thoughts, feelings and experiences through writing. I am not a professional writer - I write much I like would talk in a conversation with you. Writing helps me to clarify my beliefs - it helps me to share a part of my inner self with others.
I ask you to join me in The Journey - this Journey we call LIFE.
All of LIFE involves three things: The Dream, The Struggle, The Victory.
(Not my original words - I heard this phrase on a CD that I listen to on a regular basis by Lennon Ledbetter).
In this blog, I want to share with you my dreams ... my struggles ... and my victories.
My dream is to live a life of ministry: to my family, my friends, to others struggling along their own journey.
Recently, I re-read the book, "The Prayer of Jabez" by Bruce Wilkinson. I had read this book years ago, when I was at a "difficult" time in my life - I just wasn't "ready" for the concepts in this book. It had been sitting on the top of my bookshelf for over a year now. For some reason, about 6 weeks ago, I picked it up and decided to read it again.
WOW ~ this time the impact was powerful. As I read the book, I highlighted key phrases that "hit home with me." A few days later, I went back through the book and turned all the phrases that I highlighted in my prayer. I read this prayer outloud every day- and each day a different part of it become reality. God's power has "enlarged my territory" beyond my wildest dreams in just a few short weeks. This prayer has become the prayer of my dreams:
07/12/07
Dear God,
I need a bigger vision for my life. I pray for Your powerful will for my future – I plead with You to answer my request. I know that You long to give me so much more than I ever thought to ask for. I desire to reach for a life that will be more honorable for God … nothing but Your fullest blessing will do! I long to hear You say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”
In confidence, I believe that You will bring it to pass. Let the loving currents of Your grace and power carry me along. Your great plan for me will surround me and sweep me forward into the important & satisfying life You have waiting for me!
I cry out for the wonderful unlimited goodness that only God has the power to know about or give me. I refuse to let any obstacle, person or opinion loom larger that God’s nature. And Your nature is to bless us! Your nature is to bless me! Enlarge my life so that I can make a greater impact for You. My family, my friends, my job, my business, my circle of influence and my ministry YOU have entrusted to me.
My God and King, please expand my opportunities and my impact I such a way that I touch more lives for Your glory. Let me do more for You! I want to be Your servant.
URGENTLY accomplish great things THROUGH me!
Even now, enlarge my borders – Send somebody who needs me – who needs You!
Time and time again I will attempt things large enough that failure is guaranteed … unless YOU step in!
Oh, that Your hand would be with me! Release Your power to accomplish Your will and bring YOU glory through all the seeming impossibilities. Continue the great things You have begun in my life.
I depend on the strong hand of my God. Turn my surrendered need into Your unlimited opportunity. Please do this IN me because I cannot do it alone! I will be shouting, “God did THAT – nobody else! God carried me, gave me the words and gave me the power – and it is wonderful!”
My only power and success come from You, Father God.
Lord, by Your Spirit, pull off something great for Your glory. I pray for Your Holy Spirit to move in my church, my family, my friends and in my team – bring repentance and revival.
Keep me from evil! Keep me away from temptation! I plead for Your safekeeping.
Keep me from making the mistakes I’m more prone to when temptation comes. I confess that what I think is necessary, smart or personally beneficial is so often only the beautiful wrapping of sin. Keep me far away from evil. Keep me safe from the pain and grief that sin brings. For the dangers I can’t see are the ones that I think I can risk because of my experience (pride and carelessness). Put up a supernatural barrier! Protect me, Father, by Your power! Keep me safe from temptations that pull at my emotions and my physical needs that call out to my sense of what I deserve, what I have “the right” to feel and enjoy. YOU are the true source of all that is really life, directing my steps away from all that is not of You. I want to live FREE from the bondage of evil!
I earnestly want what You want! Daily – arrange an appointment for ministry. Do not let sin break the flow of Your power – help me to remember this!
I Chronicles 4:10 – The Prayer of Jabez
He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!”
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment